E Francis & Sons, Bath Street

E Francis & Sons, Bath Street

Until about 1790 Bath Street was the site of an orchard with a few cottages and outbuildings. William Abbotts discovered Leamington’s second spring on the land adjoining the former Bath Hotel, where he built the first hot and cold baths, demolished in 1867 by...
Castle Brewery

Castle Brewery

This is a summary of a Research Paper which may be viewed by Clicking Here Long before the subject brewery coexisted with a hotel, the Brunswick Street premises were known as the Castle Tavern and – according to an 1816 entry in the licensed victuallers’ records – its...