The small building in Farley Street, indicated by an arrow at the bottom of the map was the shed where the last Bath Chair in Leamington was kept, observed by Kit Smith, as he walked to school in about 1932.
George David Taylor was the Bath Chair man, from about 1909 onwards. He operated from The Bath Chair Office, listed at various addresses, – in Russell Terrace, in New Street in 1913, and in Spencer Street from 1914 to 1916. In 1926, local directories give Mrs Taylor’s name as head of the business, – and dealing in second hand books. By 1932, Mrs Taylor had become a Stationer, – Bath Chairs having become redundant as the car and the tram became popular.
Kit Smith & Mick Cullen